Hyaluronic acid seems to be the buzz in skin care these days. Truth is hyaluronic acid has been around for quite a while; Dermatologists have long touted its plumping and moisturizing ability because it can carry up to 6,000 times its weight in water. Its downside: The molecules were too big to penetrate the skin’s surface so results could be easily washed away.
Until recently, the only way to get hyaluronic acid into the dermis was by injecting it. With the magic of science, we are now able to fractionate the molecule allowing it to pass through the top layer of your skin into the dermis. This provides the skin with long lasting hydration, plumps the skin, and smooths the appearance of fine lines and if that weren’t exciting enough, there is evidence that they may stimulate collagen growth.
That’s the good news. The bad news is not all hyaluronic products are created equal. So how do you know if you have the real deal sitting on your nightstand?
To make sure you’re getting the biggest bang for your buck check the label;
· Sodium Hyaluronate or Fractionated Hyaluronate should be listed within the first three ingredients. The higher it is on the list equals the higher the percentage in the product.
· Look for “Fractionated Hyaluronate” on the ingredient list. This is the only form that can penetrate the epidermal layer.
· Choose a serum. They traditionally have the highest levels of hyaluronic acid.
Visage MedSpa’s Hydrating Serum gives tight, dry skin the moisture it craves. Packed with humectants, this quick-absorbing serum contains the large and fractionated hyaluronic molecules that continually wick moisture from the air, so your skin stays hydrated. Plus, all that added hydration naturally plumps your skin, refining the surface of your complexion. Fine lines, wrinkles and uneven skin texture fade as elasticity and collagen production increase. The result? Firmer, smoother skin and a more youthful expression, what's not to like? Pro tip: add a few drops to your favorite serum or moisturizer to boost hydration and enhance results.
· Fractionated and High Weight Molecule Hyaluronic acid - attracts moisture from the air to naturally hydrate, plump and smooth your skin
· Palmitoyl Tripeptide-28 - firms and tones skin by enhancing collagen production
· Zinc PCA and Copper PCA - reduce excess oil production
· Antioxidants – protects cells and collagen from free-radical damage
Gluten free, Fragrance free, paraben free, free of artificial dyes